Interventional Cardiac Catheterisation Workshop
teaching for those with more enthusiasm than experience
Red Cross Children’s Hospital – Cape Town
14 to 17 March 2017
- Live interactive cases
- Hands-on experience
- Basic to complex approach
- Theme/procedure of the day
- Introduction to VSD occlusion coils
- Relaxed atmosphere
Lectures by expert faculty (between live cases)
- Venous access: pitfalls, pointers and party tricks
- Know your kit!
- Learn from my mistakes
- Getting (it) out of trouble: retrieval strategies, lateral thinking
- Risky technical teamwork: parallels with mountain rescue
- Planning for complexity: VSD coil occlusions
- Getting to LA: the when and how of septal punctures
… and much more!
The basics of safe and efficient diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterisation
WEDNESDAY: Closing Time
Occluding intracardiac and peripheral shunts (PDAs, ASDs, AVMs)
THURSDAY: Opening Time
Relieving stenoses and creating holes!
New tools: the PFM Lê VSD coil – a device for Africa, or is it too much too soon?
please use this link to sign up
before 1 MARCH 2017
Cost: R1500 per participant
Limited places! (maximum of 30 on-site participants)